Friday, February 4, 2011

A Little Off Topic

This post is a little off topic- but guess what? Breastfeeding is not my life.....That is right....breastfeeding is not the only thing in my life. It is a passion of mine, but it is not the only thing going on.
Hubby- who I should probably come up with a better nickname for- is currently enrolled in school to earn his 2nd Bachelor Degree. However, he has been taking many classes from the local community college as it is cheaper. Well, the time has come to transfer to the local university. While he attended the college, we paid his tuition, books, and such out of pocket...but now that he is going to the University we have decided we should look into some other options.
So, yesterday we got out last W-2 and I spent the evening doing our taxes and Hubby's FAFSA forms. Such fun! I had to do 2 different ones for Hubby since he has the summer session which qualifies for the 2010-2011 school year, and then next year- 2011-2012.
Then, I filled out one more FAFSA....for ME! Yes, I am currently looking at returning to school. I have a few things I am looking at, but the one I am SUPER EXCITED to find out more information on is what courses I should take locally before I can enter a program to that is endorsed by IBCLE!!!! What is IBCLE you ask...
It is- THE INTERNATIONAL BOARD OF LACTATION EXAMINERS!
So, guess what- this is breastfeeding related after all!
I am currently finding out what I can do to become a certified lactation consultant. I don't want to get my hopes up yet...but I am very excited to see if this works out.
So, while breastfeeding is not my life, it is a great passion of mine, and I want to be able to help others have a successful breastfeeding relationship. So, keep your fingers, toes, and eyes crossed that this works out for me.